Friday, April 10, 2009

Chorizo and Black Bean Pasta


Bopstafari


Here comes Bopper Cotton Tail
Hoppin down the bunny trail...

Sorry, since I'm lame and didn't take pictures of the following recipe you'll have to suffer with just a few pictures of the Bopper instead :)

So my mommy and auntie were just here visiting. We went shopping at Loehmann's and my lovely mother bought me some new clothes to celebrate my finally no longer pregnant body. While its only a month out and I still have some work to do on it, it was nice to get some new stuff that looks good on me. Nothing like shopping to sooth the soul. So I made another recipe from the afore mentioned cookbook for them. This one is not only delicious but figure friendly as well. Only 7 Weight Watcher points per serving, and the recipe makes 6 big servings. Gotta love it. If you've never done WW then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about but just take my word that its a pretty figure friendly meal. You could replace just plain old pasta for wheat pasta and make it even better for you but I just cant bring myself most of the time. Its a little too much like cardboard. You could also replace the chorizo with some spicy turkey or chicken sausage if you can find some that you like, but I think you would loose a lot of flavor. Chorizo is just so yummy. OK without further ado...here is the recipe. Sorry again about no pictures. The recipe I'm making tonight, Goat Cheese and Salami pasta, I will photograph. I promise. OK I lied, there was further ado.

3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion sliced thin
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 pound cured chorizo
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup chicken stock
1 16 oz can black beans drained
juice of 1 lime
3/4 lb corkscrew pasta
1/2 cup fresh parsley (opt.)

Cook pasta
Saute onion over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes
Add garlic, oregano, and chili powder, and saute another 2 minutes
Add chorizo, tomato paste, and broth to pan
Let simmer for 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened
Add the black beans, lime juice, and salt if needed, and remove from heat
Toss with pasta, sprinkle with parsley, and serve


3 comments:

  1. I don't care what anybody says - even celebrity chefs - wheat pasta SUCKS.

    P.S. No need to watch your weight right now - especially if you are breastfeeding - you will lose it naturally - especially if you are breastfeeding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH!! Its actually 8 points on WW not 7.

    ReplyDelete