Friday, July 24, 2009

Lime Cheesecake with Ganache Layered Crust and Berry Topping

OK, I am going to make a lot of changes to the original recipe for this desert, for the benefit of anyone who actually tries this at home. I was really looking forward to this desert and when I tasted the end result, I was disappointed. I don't think the flavors came together well at all. The problems are easy to fix however and I will give you my revised version of the recipe here. With these revisions you will have a really tasty treat. Instead of the called for bittersweet chocolate for the ganache I recommend semi-sweet or even milk chocolate. The bittersweet dark chocolate I used was just too bitter. I also recommend that you use a store bought graham cracker crust. They are easy to use, and tasty too. The last thing that I am changing is the fruit. The recipe called for raspberries but I don't think they were sweet enough. I recommend blueberries and/or strawberries.

Ingredients

1 graham cracker pie shell
2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened to room temp)
8 oz semi-sweet or milk chocolate bits
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 limes
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
the fruit of your choosing macerated in sugar & water
maybe 1 pt strawberries sliced and a small thing of blueberries







Macerate your fruit






Melt your chocolate over medium heat in the heavy cream.


When the chocolate is melted and smooth and shiny its done.
Pour this into your pie shell and refrigerate until it has solidified.




Add sugar to your cream cheese and blend



Add lime juice and blend some more


Add vanilla and... you get the picture.


Pour your cream cheese mixture into your crust and refrigerate again until cream cheese sets.
Cover with your fruit and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment