Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello, and welcome to my new blog!

Hello everyone. This is my first ever blog. I spend a lot of my time these days sitting at my computer Stumbling. I'm 8 months pregnant and not working so I have a lot of time to waste. I've been finding all this cool stuff on Stumble, like recipes I want to make, crafts I want to do, and silly pictures I like. Its all kind of pointless with no one to share it with though huh? Well now I have you, dear reader, to share it with. I think I am gonna start of just writing about whatever comes to mind, and maybe start testing out some of these recipes I've found. My ass will probably balloon out to hideous proportions since I'm the only one in the house who eats sweets, but oh well.





I guess maybe I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm 28 years old, and I'm married to the cutest guy in the world. His name is Kevin. He's great! He gets me. We've been together for 4 years, married for 1. We got married in Vegas, and honeymooned in Thailand.

God, what an awesome place. We'll have to talk about that some more. We live in Atlanta, Ga., in a pretty ghetto part of town. We were hoping that the neighborhood we bought in was on its way up, but with the current state of things we don't know if that will happen now. We have been broken into twice since moving here 2 years ago. We are thinking about moving to the burbs. If we do it will be a first for me. I grew up in a tiny town called Cashiers in North Carolina.



Man, was I ill suited to live in a town like that. It caused a great many problems for me during my younger years. I never did fit in there. It was a rough start, but now my life is wonderful. When I was 20 years old I finally made it out of that tiny town, and landed in Atlanta (the nearest big city) and have lived here ever since. I have always stayed inside the city, never in the burbs, so if we do move it will be an interesting change. I am hoping that it wont be anything like living in the mountains. Another interesting part of the equasion, if we move to the burbs, is that we will be living next door to my in-laws. They are very sweet people but you never know how something like that will turn out. We will just have to wait and see.


Well, that is a very vanilla recap of my life up to this point. In actuality my life has been a cornucopia of bad dicisions, and missed opportunities. I will, I'm sure, tell some of these tales if this blog lasts that long. In the meantime I'm gonna keep you guessing.


I love design, I have a degree in fashion design although I hate to sew, hate to paint, and hate to design. I do enjoy, and appreciate what others can do though. I love to cook, I love art, creativity, reading, movies, gardening, eating, culture, my husband, and my doggy. So those are probably the things I will write about most. That may all change when my son arrives though. I'm sure for a while I will have nothing but baby on the brain.


No comments:

Post a Comment